on sunday mornings, we drink a lot of coffee, eat waffles (lately eggs because we ran out of waffle mix), and plan meals for for the week. we pick three or four lunches and three dinners.
for lunch, we usually make a variety of salads. they’re easy to prepare in the evenings or mornings. one of our favorite salads is a super simple, super sensible chickpea salad.
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 vacuum-pack of white tuna
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 1 cup chopped italian parsley
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper for seasoning
- substitute the canned tuna with seared tuna steaks.
- add 1/2 cup of chopped red onion.
- serve on top of crostini as an appetizer.
- rinse the beans with cold water and drain. put them in a mixing bowl.
- wash and halve the cherry tomatoes and add them to the beans.
- mix the beans and tomatoes with the tuna and parsley. add a splash of olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice. adjust the dressing to your liking.
- season with salt and pepper.
- divide into four containers for four lunches!