today’s edition of dearest thursday is dedicated to five friends (old and new) from texas style council. i enjoy working our registration table because i get to know our sponsors and speakers. i would love to include them all, but these golden girls stuck out this year. click forth and check out these awesome women for yourself.
- lulu*s has been with TxSC since 2011. they host our swap on friday night which entails transforming an empty storefront into a clothing store. stephanie and her team (tierney and kerrie) are hustlers! in less than two hours, our headquarters resembled a hip boutique, fooling many curious window shoppers.
- moorea seal is a blogger and pinterest-master. she recently opened an online shop with beautifully curated goodies (like the gilded house). she is incredibly sweet and creative; she gave my registration team necklaces! moorea also stayed across the street from me with julie (of orchid grey) and chelsey (of the paper mama). they’re three fantastic ladies.
- becky murphy is an illustrator extraordinaire in austin. she’s the epitome of cute and cool, and she has a book coming out in october!
- manic trout is a jewelry line by austin designer sierra bailey. sierra’s pieces are radical. i browsed her booth at our prom party and wanted to buy everything especially her charm bracelets with animals.
- megan (of greetings from texas) is a houston blogger that makes me grin when i see her. she’s got comedic chops, a spitfire personality, and a published memoir! i’m stalking amazon for the kindle release.
the picks | printed dress | birch house | becky’s book | dino bracelet | meg’s book
collage by me. images via lulu*s, moorea seal, amazon, and manic trout.
p.s. this post is not sponsored or endorsed by the aforementioned people. i just have a crush on them.
whenever i draw couples, i can’t hardly wait to compare their photographs to my finished illustration. it’s a creative moment that i cherish and rarely share with anyone other than michael. but today you get a peek of the process thanks to megan (of greetings from texas), her husband danny, and a team that included awake and BHLDN.
isn’t meg’s dress beautiful? i loved drawing the intricate pattern and the delicate veil. the hollywood curls framed her face perfectly. please visit her blog for more photos and styling credits.
thank you megan and danny for inviting me to be a special part of your day. happy anniversary!
photographs by awake. close-up of megan’s cameo by me.